Ideal Investment Property Huntsville, AL
Huntsville is an established aerospace and manufacturing hub. The Rocket City has a booming economy and rising employment, as businesses are investing billions in the Huntsville Metropolitan Area, the northernmost group of all Alabama cities, spanning Limestone and Madison Counties.
Keep reading to learn more about Huntsville and why you should consider investment properties in the area.
About Huntsville, Alabama
In 1809, Twickenham was established as a town in Mississippi territory. In 1812, Twickenham was renamed Huntsville and incorporated into present-day Alabama territory. Shortly after, Huntsville was officially settled in 1817 (two years before the admission of Alabama as the twenty-second state into the Union) and was designated as the first capital of Alabama for one year.
In 1944, Huntsville was chartered as an official city, with a population around 3,000 people, and the rest is history (listen to the full story of the Rocket City's emergence in Our Markets: The History of Huntsville, a recent episode of our On The House with Spartan podcast).
Modern-day Huntsville is best known for the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and the Huntsville International Airport (HSV), which flies commercial planes to these 13 major airline termini across the country: ATL, CLT, DEN, DFW, DTW, IAH, LAX, MCO, MIA (seasonally), ORD, TPA, IAD, and DCA.
Why Invest in Huntsville, Alabama?
There are many reasons to invest in turnkey rental properties in the Rocket City, including:
- Massive Population Growth Demands: The City of Huntsville's population in 2022 was estimated at 227,529, with around 1,010.93 people per mile living in the city. This expanding population's median household income is around $70,757. As more people move to Huntsville for employment and careers, there’s more opportunity to capitalize on this influx of city residents.
- More Huntsville Properties Are Closing: Between January and June of this year (2023), the number of closers rose ~74 percent for all housing types.
- Properties Are Selling Faster: Houses only remain on the market for ~25 days on average for all housing types.
- Sales Price Rising: From January to June of 2023, the median sales price for a Huntsville home rose from $315,000 to $340,000, and the average sales price similarly increased from $345,796 to $384,520 for all housing types.
Spartan Invest primarily offers single-family homes, occasionally offering duplexes and triplexes. Our prices are more affordable than market averages, but pricing will vary and may not be totally reflected in the sales prices above.
- Renter-occupied households make up 42 percent of all households in the Huntsville area.
Here are the best Huntsville Metro cities and neighborhoods for real estate investments, ranked:
- #1 Huntsville Proper: The core city of the metropolitan area is the best place to start (ZIPs: 35649, 35748, 35757, and 35773).
- #2 Athens: Home to Athens State University and Athens Limestone Hospital, there’s plenty of potential for residents for your investment properties (ZIPs: 35611, 35613, 35613, and 35671).
- #3 Decatur: Also known as the 'River City,' this suburb is family-friendly with excellent schools and things to do (ZIPs: 35601, 35603, 35671, and 35699).
- #4 Madison: An abundantly green suburb with schools among the top 50 schools in the nation (ZIPs: 35756, 35757, and 35758).
- #5 Hazel Green: Charming, rural small town with a welcoming community, where renters make up 16 percent of households (ZIP: 35750).
Why Build Passive Income With Spartan Invest?
When making smart and lucrative investments for consistent cash flow, you can't depend on today's unstable stock market. Real estate investing provides more reliable, steady income streams and diversifies your portfolio.
With Spartan Invest’s turnkey investment property services, we've made the process so simple that you'll produce stable monthly income with high-yield cash flow on day one—all without having to lift a finger.
First, we’ll go over what you value with your investments so we can set, track, and achieve these goals together. Next, we'll handle the turnkey rental property process, which involves locating, purchasing, and rehabbing realty for sale and transforming into renter-occupied households. You won't be a landlord or real estate agent; we'll also take care of finding and managing residents for you.
Plan a Visit
Whether you plan to visit our headquarters or look at other markets, please schedule with us in advance so we can ensure our availability. Our office is at 2015 3rd Ave N Birmingham, AL 35203, United States.
Feel free to ask any questions or inquire directly about Huntsville real estate investing with our experts at Spartan Invest. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-205-202-4118 on weekdays from 8 AM to 5 PM (CST), or fill out our contact form for a prompt response and to opt in to message that keep you in the loop on new properties and available promotions.